Insurance Management System | Application with ASP.Net
8 FEB 2018
The client is a leading rural based company doing business in immovable properties and agricultural domain offering insurance and network marketing. Founded in the year 1990 the organization has fast grown with over 40 branches across the country. The client organization has over 150 Million immovable assets with more than 200,000 members including customers and agents.
Clients concocted a thought
- The Client required a solution to make their entire process computerized so that they can avoid all types of manual work, mismatch in records or data and easy accessibility
- The client wanted the data between the branches to by synchronize into a single database
- The commissions for the agents had to be calculated automatically based on the business generated by the agents
- Localization of the application.
The spread sheet manipulation process was not acceptable to the users as it lacked the capability to have latest data. Analyzing their data and architecting a solution which can cater the client to enable access of centralized data, the key challenge was to consider user friendly inputs and generating agile reporting system with dynamic views.
- Data Entry: a user friendly UI to enter the data.
- Dynamic Reporting: Show data with sub totaling.
- Data integration and migration of customers, agents information and Policy details
- Calculation of commissions for the agents on every month based on the business generated
- Interest rate calculations
What we proposed
The Star Knowledge Technical Team developed application with ASP.Net, MS IIS Webserver, MS SQL servers as underlying components and Crystal Reports. This application took all its input from user and the data was processed based on the business intelligence embedded in it. Testing included the development environment and testing in a staging environment to ensure production capabilities and user acceptance. Solution work effort included:
- Data Entry: UI to enter the data with auto complete feature
- Dynamic Reporting tool with Sub totaling: UI to select parameters and constraints and generate agile report with respective sub totals
- Data migration: SQL server2008 from excel
- Commission Calculations: Commission was calculated for the agents on every month depend on their collection amount. And commission rate changes on every year for the agents. And commission should be calculated for each 3 types of insurance (RD, FD and Daily collection).
Results & benefits obtained
The key benefits realized as a result of the successful project include:
- Centralized data access
- Provided Client quicker access and analysis performance information resulting in more timely
- Application available in multiple languages
- ASP.Net 2005
- 2.0 Framework
- SQL Server 2008
- Crystal reports