Avoid SharePoint deployment mistakes
16 MAY 2018
Do you know why an organization commits mistakes during SharePoint Deployment? Here are a few reasons for it.
Like all technology, Microsoft SharePoint is continually changing, via hotfixes, combined updates, and service packs launched by Microsoft. Microsoft SharePoint is as of now an outstanding collaborative and document management platform for small-sized to large organizations, providing centralized access to big business data and applications.
Organizations of all sizes are using SharePoint document management systems, streamlining processes through the business process/workflow automation and structure-based steering, unified dashboards, and better access to portable clients.
Being said that the 20% rate of SharePoint flaw can be a challenge for organizations looking to get full advantages from the capacities and features of SharePoint, essentially because of the reluctance of organizations to oblige new changes and an absence of appropriate planning.
In order to help your company, pick up the full advantage of SharePoint and maintain a strategic distance from a fizzled deployment, Star Knowledge with over 10 years of experience in providing tailored SharePoint consulting services, shares a bit of experience working with the platform. Let’s take a look at a few reasons for SharePoint’s common mistakes while deploying and how to avoid those problems.
These are 6 must-avoid SharePoint mistakes to have a better collaborative tool at your workplace
1. Not knowing how Microsoft SharePoint fits into your business
When on the verge of implementing SharePoint, most people believe that Microsoft SharePoint is an out-of-the-box concept that is easy to execute and a prepared-to-go solution that is not correct. Many organizations are not ready to characterize what SharePoint is and subsequently, they struggle to utilize it effectively. When you want to get the SharePoint implementation right, first you need to identify your unique business needs. The sharePoint solution is leveraged for its capabilities like document management system, intranet, and extranet portals, streamlined business processes with automation, websites, portals, social networks, and a lot more. Why would you not want to plan the specific goals of implementing a modern workplace solution such as SharePoint?
On the off chance that there is no proper planning and comprehension of SharePoint then the usage will be a disappointment. Hence, with capabilities and involvement in creating, and deploying SharePoint applications, Star Knowledge offers our endeavor clients the complete team of specialists and SharePoint developers who boost your development, ROI, and reception.
2. The dearth of deployment strategy
Developers need to build up a point-by-point SharePoint deployment procedure that has quantifiable objectives. To accomplish an effective dispatch, your entire business ought to be in agreement with respect to the program’s proposed utilization and, at last, the coveted outcomes. It is insightful to hire our SharePoint developers to help plan a technique for the powerful organization, utilization, and maintenance of this staggering collaborative platform.
3. Lack of training
Many SharePoint mistakes and flops happen since workers don’t comprehend its features. At the point when getting some information about the absence of advance toward full deployment, almost 20% of the organizations referred to a lack of resources as its main cause. In the event that you are falling in this category, it’s damn sure that you may require our IT experts to configure, assemble, and keep up SharePoint for your business. In any case, you may also require a knowledge management analyst to engineer the business solution in SharePoint first. Once done, training the users is an imperative angle wherein each end-user must be instructed on how to utilize the new SharePoint framework for the smooth running of the entire process.
4. Lack of IT resources
Adequate IT resources are an essential part of a fruitful deployment. Many organizations fall flat since they need IT resources, including data administration, storage, infrastructure, and security. In such cases outsource your project to Star Knowledge. Our SharePoint development services span implementation phases for developing enterprise solutions based on the SharePoint development framework. Whether it is building an Intranet/extranet portal, document management systems, or developing workflow solutions, our services will help you assess and implement the best solution that meets your business needs.
5. Absence of Search
The ability to search content, documents, files, data, etc., in SharePoint, helps your employees save their time in searching for the docs they need. As organizations embrace cloud solutions for their business, they look forward to bringing productivity to the workplace, and to achieve this we need to avoid some of the negligence and mistakes while developing solutions. Because, as per the study an employee in an organization spends about 30 to 40 min a day searching for information and this is multiplied by the number of members in a team and an organization, hence a search bar as an information finder in SharePoint could ease your workflow with increased productivity.
6. Neglect of customizable features
SharePoint’s customizable features are regularly disregarded or utilized erroneously by organizations. The program’s capacity to incorporate outer frameworks additionally complicates its utilization, especially if an organization’s objectives for its use are vague. Organizations that neglect to customize SharePoint to flawlessly address their issues will probably encounter a failure. In such cases, you can contact us for more information or further assistance.
Sometimes consultants will showcase the features of SharePoint rather than targeting the customer or user pain points which leads to failure in the usage of resources present in SharePoint. Our team of Microsoft SharePoint consultants at Star Knowledge will readily help your organization effectively execute SharePoint and boost adoption rates.
SharePoint Deployment Process You Need to Follow
To avoid Sharepoint errors and deployment mistakes you need to follow certain SharePoint Deployment ‘Best Practices’ & processes. Whether you’re implementing SharePoint Online or SharePoint on-premises or a hybrid environment with Microsoft SharePoint Server and Office 365, follow the list of the best practices to avoid any failure or misconfigurations:
- Accurate and well-crafted planning
- Discovery – As SharePoint consultants, we understand how important this phase is. Here business requirements are understood and SharePoint solution implementation needs are assessed such as DMS, intranet, customizations, any possible migrations, integrations, etc.
- Design – This phase involves a team of SharePoint architects and designers who design the architecture of the solution to be implemented
- Deployment – This involves deploying the solution into the company’s digital environment where the SharePoint team implements it based on the nature of the solution – on-premises or cloud, whether hybrid, any migration from older versions, migration from third-party software, etc.
- Customization – Here’s where the challenge lies. A SharePoint will analyze the business requirements and customize SharePoint accordingly. This phase involves creating SharePoint libraries, configuring custom web parts, metadata setup, creation of SharePoint forms and workflows, workflow automation if needed, etc.
SharePoint Implementation Best Practices
- Determine how your organization will allow SharePoint to address business needs
- Map the purpose of SharePoint deployment – Document Management System, Intranet, Sharing and collaboration
- Plan for the technical aspects of SharePoint:
- Identity and device access configuration
- Any critical migrations required
- 3rd party solutions integrations
- Any workflows or Forms need to be created
- Customization of the SharePoint environment
- Run IT pilot to perform tests on the deployed SharePoint solutions, identify errors, and perform fixes
- Roll out the solution for the organization
- Measure usage and drive adoption
Implementing SharePoint can be challenging but not with an expert SharePoint Partner like us. Share your requirements with us to avoid SharePoint deployment mistakes.
Our Recent Posts
Why we suggest SharePoint as the perfect Project Management Information System for our customers in the Architecture, Engineering….