Migrate to Azure with Confidence: Azure Migration
5 AUG 2021
Cloud computing is booming, and studies reveal that 94% of enterprises around the globe are already benefiting from cloud services. When it comes to Microsoft’s flexible, enterprise-grade cloud computing platform – Microsoft Azure – enterprises prefer migrating to Azure thus making it the most sought-after cloud computing service.
For over 20 years, Windows Server has been the operating system of decision for most clients, yet the cloud is progressively an elective goal for on-premises deployments of key workloads.
Moving your Windows Server framework to Azure Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) or executing a hybrid solution with Azure Stack, you can change your business and decrease costs, streamline tasks, and enhance accessibility, dependability, and security by using Azure migration tools.
With more and more clients planning their workload migration to Azure, it winds up vital to comprehend the ideas of Azure Virtual Datacenter, Migration Methodologies, Partner Solutions, Migration Tools, and Best Practices for planning an effective on-premise to Azure migration project.
Also, for our accomplices, it is critical to build the required aptitudes and abilities to build up an Azure migration practice to help clients in the migration to Azure. At Star Knowledge, we help ISVs and Enterprises use Azure as a Platform to fabricate intense business solutions.
Planning a move to Microsoft Azure? Do you have any thoughts, like how to move your business-critical services securely and dependably on the cloud? If no, use our recommendations to get to see how to break down existing IT assets, evaluate what you have, recognize the advantages of moving specific services, and plan for a viable shift to Azure.
Why should companies consider Azure Cloud Migration?
Unarguably, maintaining on-premise infrastructure is a challenge for companies to manage their routine to critical business operations hence companies have realized the value IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS are adding to their business, therefore, they are actively seeking Microsoft Azure migration services.
Microsoft Azure, unlike other cloud service providers such as Google or IBM, offers attractive services including computing, analytics, database, mobility solutions, storage, and networking to businesses of all sizes with the highest level of security. It offers cost-effective solutions making it easier for developers to develop web, mobile, IoT, and enterprise applications. Azure is helping businesses realize great success and is redefining the way they operate.
Why You Must Be Considering A Cloud Migration
- Aging hardware
- Frequent IT failures
- Much of your time is consumed in IT maintenance
- Legacy IT system isn’t letting you focus on business-critical projects
- You’re aware cloud solves all major and minor on-prem IT challenges
Reasons why Companies Choose to Migrate to Microsoft Azure
Whether you want to entirely migrate to the cloud or want to have hybrid cloud infrastructure, Microsoft Azure is the best cloud computing service you can decide to choose. Here are the top reasons for rapid migration:
- Simplified Infrastructure Management
The major benefits businesses leverage is from the cloud infrastructure. Microsoft Azure has the best Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) enabling companies to outsource cloud computing services on pay-for-what-you-use subscriptions. Microsoft manages everything from security upgrades to infrastructure upgrades for businesses giving them maximum flexibility on cost. As a recognized Azure infrastructure consultant, Star Knowledge believes that in the age of rapid technology disruption staying on-premise is not a good idea.
- Disaster Recovery
We live in an unimaginably unpredictable world where disasters occur any time and once businesses are hit, recovery from the loss comes with a hefty price. Studies reveal 40% of small businesses never fully recover when hit by disasters and we can’t imagine their survival after such loss. Businesses are moving to Azure because they just don’t want to be another example among companies that suffered loss without cloud computing. Azure Site Recovery (ASR) provides the best DRaaS (Disaster-Recovery-as-as-Service) to help you sustain major disasters without losing business continuity. Also, On-premise servers need to be upgraded every 5 years and they come with heavy capital investment plus they have a risk of crashing early and if migrated to Azure businesses forget the worry of on-site hardware.
Let’s admit it! Businesses face security breaches every now and then on-premise and due to the rise of sophisticated cybercrimes, datacenter security is at risk. Organizations without cloud computing, regularly fear employee/customer data leaks thus investing considerable time and money on securing the data. Organizations that have turned to Azure cloud computing have realized it is the most advanced and protected cloud service.
- Azure is Fast and Agile
Unlike other cloud providers like IBM Cloud or Google Cloud, developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining business-critical software and applications on Azure is faster than you can imagine. Businesses are exploring new ideas and new business potentials in Azure. Enterprises are largely benefiting from Azure Stack and are bringing in fast-paced innovation with just the right amount of flexibility and control. Moreover, Azure’s ExpressRoute connections provide higher reliability and faster speed than typical internet connections.
- Fully Integrated Development
Azure is a fully integrated development platform where enterprises are integrating everything from the Internet of Things (IoT) to Excel for scalability and carrying out busy critical processes. With Azure, organizations reduce the risk of integration failure and experience great continuity. Its fully integrated delivery pipeline enables companies to increase efficiency in case of product upgrades & other changes creating a convincing business case.
- Hybrid Model
Maybe you’re wondering if you should entirely migrate the business to the cloud or maybe you still want to have sensitive, business-critical application/data on-prem and in this case, you can stay on-premise and still be able to benefit from Microsoft Azure using a Hybrid Cloud Model. The best decision would be to stay on-prem alongside migrating lesser sensitive data on the cloud, with this your businesses can optimize existing assets and overcome complexities.
Benefits of Migrating to Azure
- High scalability: Azure enables businesses to scale up or down their IT infrastructure quickly and easily based on changing business needs. This can help organizations reduce infrastructure costs and increase efficiency by only paying for the resources they use.
- Reduced cost of infrastructure: Azure eliminates the need for businesses to invest in expensive hardware and infrastructure. Instead, businesses can pay for the computing power and storage they need on a pay-as-you-go basis. Additionally, Azure’s hybrid cloud capabilities allow organizations to integrate their existing on-premises infrastructure with the cloud, further reducing costs.
- Outstanding security: Azure has robust security measures in place to protect data and applications from cyber threats. Azure provides encryption, identity and access management, threat detection and response, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Improved reliability and performance: Azure provides businesses with a highly available and reliable infrastructure, with 99.95% uptime SLA. Azure’s global network of data centers also ensures fast and efficient delivery of data and applications to end-users.
- Integration with other Microsoft products: Azure seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft products such as Office 365, Dynamics 365, and Power BI, enabling businesses to leverage these products’ capabilities within the cloud environment. This can lead to increased productivity and efficiency for organizations that already use Microsoft products.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery: Downtime can have a detrimental impact on businesses, resulting in loss of revenue and customer trust. Azure offers high availability and disaster recovery capabilities to minimize downtime and ensure business continuity. With Azure’s global network of data centers, you can deploy your applications in multiple regions, reducing the risk of service interruptions. Azure Site Recovery enables you to replicate and recover your applications and data in the event of a disaster, providing a robust backup solution. By leveraging Azure’s reliability and redundancy, you can maintain uninterrupted operations and minimize the impact of potential disruptions.
- Advanced Analytics and AI: Azure provides powerful tools for data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) that can unlock valuable insights and drive innovation. Azure Synapse Analytics allows you to consolidate, analyze, and visualize large volumes of data, enabling data-driven decision-making. Azure Machine Learning enables businesses to build and deploy AI models at scale, empowering them to automate processes and enhance productivity. By leveraging Azure’s advanced analytics and AI capabilities, businesses can gain a competitive edge, improve customer experiences, and uncover new growth opportunities.
Azure Cloud Migration Steps
Whether your migration is straightforward or complex, it’s useful to think about the fundamental components of the procedure. Cloud Migration comes down to three principle stages IaaS, SaaS, PaaS.
No matter which option you choose, you require an answer that gives a smooth and simple cloud reception, so you can migrate at your own pace.
With having a careful objective, we propose three straightforward strides for migration from an on-premise environment to Azure cloud:
- Assess: As part of the Azure cloud migration assessment identify and list your on-premises resources, for example, applications and workloads, to arrange for where your Azure migration should begin. There are some clear strides to be assessed in this i.e. the valuation of on-premises applications and servers, Identification of the app and server conditions, Configuration and finally Cost planning analysis. And you can save costs by using Azure’s usage-based billing.
- Migrate: Migrate more astute and faster with adaptable, intense Microsoft cloud migration tools, while ensuring insignificant business effect. This is the place after you have arrived at your migration objectives and accumulated all prerequisites and limitations, you can pick the best strategy for migrating to Azure.
- Optimize: Once you’ve actualized your migration strategy, you’ll need to make sure that you’re effectively exploiting the cloud’s execution, versatility, and cost-sparing advantages. Calibrate your resources to reinforce security, enhance execution, and boost the rate of return (ROI).
- Secure and Manage: As your applications and data are now in the cloud, you need to ensure they are secure and well-managed. This involves implementing best practices for security, compliance, monitoring, and governance, as well as ensuring you have the right tools and processes in place to manage your Azure environment effectively.
In today’s technology-driven world, migrating to the cloud has become a necessity for businesses to stay competitive and agile. Microsoft Azure, with its robust and flexible cloud computing platform, has emerged as the top choice for enterprises worldwide. With a wide range of services, top-notch security, simplified infrastructure management, and disaster recovery capabilities, Azure offers numerous advantages that businesses cannot ignore.
Migrating to Azure may seem complex, but with careful planning and the right Azure migration tools, businesses can achieve a smooth and successful transition. The process involves assessing the existing on-premises resources, choosing the appropriate migration strategy, optimizing the cloud environment for performance and cost savings, and ensuring robust security and effective management.
By partnering with a trusted Azure consultant like Star Knowledge, businesses can navigate the Azure migration journey with confidence. With tailored Azure consulting and migration services, companies can overcome challenges and unlock the full potential of Azure for their operations.
To learn more about options to meet your unique migration needs, explore and sign up for tailored Azure consulting and Azure migration services. Contact us to migrate to Azure with confidence and have fewer challenges to overcome during migration.