GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 Migration for Strategic Consulting Firm
03 November 2021
The Client is a leading strategic consulting firm in the US providing services to large enterprises across the globe.
The Customer had 150 users and was growing at a rapid pace hence required GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 migration. They also wanted to get themselves SOC2 Type 2 Compliant and wanted to have their existing systems evaluated prior to migration.
The Client was struggling with Office 365 tool adoption and there were several third-party applications such as Monday.com, Asana, and Trello that the teams internally were using for various purposes. Additionally, the senior management was reluctant to use Teams and preferred Outlook. The CEO and COO were convinced that this had to change if they were to meet SOC2 Type 2 compliance.
- At Star Knowledge, we evaluated their current business processes and patterns, tools that were used to interview different dept heads.
- Devise a strategy with Microsoft 365 at the heart of the processes and build a process map around M365 with key stakeholder concurrence.
- Set up new tenants with required security in place and configurations that ensure DLP, data retention, classification, and security center configuration.
- We Migrated users from GoDaddy to Microsoft tenants including Email, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Set up Microsoft SharePoint intranet and configure Teams policies and integrations with required tools.
- Set up Microsoft list to help manage processes, data, and automation of processes with Power Automate.
- Provide support for a period of 1 month and adoption training to help implement the approved strategy.
- More control and Governance across the organization.
- Increased adoption and utilization of features in Microsoft 365.
- Migration costs were significantly lower compared to the others.
- Set up intranet and training sites as required to enable the self-service setup.
- Microsoft 365
- Cloudiway Migration Tool
Planning for a Microsoft 365 Consultant for your business solutions? With decades of experience in Office 365 and adoption, our consultants will help you adopt and migrate to Microsoft 365 without hassle, contact us to discuss your project needs.