Contract Staffing Web Application
6 FEB 2018
Our client is a leading national leader in staffing in the USA. For nearly 40 years, the client has been successfully connecting exceptional talent with organizations locally and across the country.
Since the client caters to the needs of contract staffing for the healthcare industry, the client evaluated multiple off-the-shelf software products. Soon, the client realized that, apart from the expensive licensing costs, the customization would take more time and may require certain processes to be changed to suit the software. The client was looking for an application with the following features:
- Need for a 360-degree view and control over the staffing process
- The Client wanted a system wherein his customers could raise a request and that to be intelligent enough to send the same to its affiliated providers associated based on his business needs
- The Client also wanted to monitor the whole process
- User-friendly software that enables all end users of the system to carry out Contract Staffing Processes effectively and efficiently
- Fully configurable system with the ability to configure at user, functionality and department level
- The approximate number of end-users of the system – 1000, concurrent users could be ~100
- Make use of collapsible panels in UI to enable the user to collapse and expand to view information
- Do not load all the information in page load, get the information on a button/click action
- User should have a limited number of clicks to complete the task
- Document management system – document archival
- Create a Dashboard to enable easy navigation.
Star Knowledge had two consultants visiting client location for a duration of 2 weeks to carry out the system study and analysis phase. The onsite system study included a detailed discussion with the end-users and key decision-makers of the system. All the key departments who would be part of the software were interviewed and a business requirement document was created.
One of the key challenges of this project was, the client was an enterprise with the requirement to build the system from scratch. This was the case of concept to application development:
Star Knowledge solution included the following process:
Followed by an onsite visit, Star Knowledge consultants built an offshore team, which closely worked with the client and engineered the Contract Staffing software as per requirement specification agreed by the client. Bi-weekly meetings with the client were scheduled to get the feedback and update the latest project status. The issues were tracked using StarTrac – Star Knowledge’s online defect tracking tool.
- A web-based solution using ASP.Net with AJAX, MS SQL Server, and MS SQL Server reporting service was developed making use of 3 Tier Architecture.
- The application had internal checks and approval processes for the creation of requests etc., based on the business needs which were very much customizable.
- The application also had a tracking mechanism to track where the request is headed how many candidates were submitted against it and all its statistics
- .NET 3.5
- MS SQL 2005
Results & benefits obtained
The key benefits realized as a result of the successful project include:
- A dedicated development team working exclusively on the client’s requirements
- A highly configurable system enabling the client to modify workflow as per their business requirements
- More than 40% cost savings
- No hassles in terms of yearly licensing, the client now owns the software, the IP belongs to the client
- This enabled to streamline the process for Staffing management
- This enabled the client to have a tab on all its process just in clicks
- This enabled the client to have better control over the entire process with minimal effort
Have a similar business challenge?
Star Knowledge is a Microsoft partner with a center of excellence in the cloud and web-based solutions. With profound expertise in ASP.NET and web application development services, we have delivered custom business-specific software solutions to clients across a wide range of industries. Have a similar business case? Get in touch with our Microsoft consultants to discuss your project.
If you want to learn more about how Star Knowledge team can add value to your organization, please contact us today at email@example.com