B2B Marketplace: Salesforce Commerce for Real Estate Co.
13 April 2022
One of the large real estate company/ construction company in US, Europe.
The client has been managing several opportunities within Salesforce CRM and has been interfacing with thousands of Agents who help in assisting the organization in managing sales and leases over the year. With the pandemic setting in and digitalization, the company decided to enable their agents with a B2B commerce place to augment their existing Salesforce CRM.
The client had no background in eCommerce as it was not a skill managed in-house. Further, the customer although had a Salesforce team, they had been bogged with the several M&A opportunities that were getting consolidated into the CRM. It made sense for the customer to have the entire solutioning to be outsourced by a 3rd party who has the expertise in the B2B marketplace. Furthermore, the customer had several thousand properties and custom workflow that included integration with other third-party systems such as Procore, Yardi, and their property management software.
Star Knowledge, having understood the complexity involved, proposed a multi-stage setup that would ensure setting the marketplace enabling their agents to have access to the marketplace with rudimentary automation in stage one the subsequent phases would include building integrations with the other systems under consideration – Procore, Custom Property, and Pipeline management software, enterprise data warehouse, and Yardi.
The initial phase involved identifying the geographies, and properties and defining the new entity structure on the Salesforce commerce cloud to support the marketplace for a real estate company.
In the subsequent phases, the client required building automation for property creation from their Procore management system and automatically add the property attributes, subject to the approval of the marketplace owner before publishing.
- A complete B2B marketplace launched in Oct 2021 that had over 500 agents sign up in month 1
- Subsequent integrations with custom solutions automated several business processes
- Enable the client to drive more sales through their digital platform that quickly started becoming the goto place for new sales
- Client was incentivized to enable a similar marketplace for B2C customers including property leasing, property purchases, apartment management mechanism as part of their subsequent phases with focus on becoming a digital company to enable their business.
- Custom analytics and digitalization being discussed with Einstein.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- HTML/ CSS
- Workflows and Forms
- API Integrations for Yardi, Custom Solution
- Webhooks for Procore
Looking to get similar solution? Feel free to contact our expert team, we will help you to get your project done.