Application Management System (AMS) code name Chronos
7 FEB 2018
The client is a Global Marketing Communications Organization: Deployed for a Fortune 100 Entertainment & Media Company.
The Client required a systematic Application management system – a solution to computerize their customer data analysis facility for Network advertisement placements. This requirement necessitated the development of a Business Intelligence tool with data warehouse capabilities. To meet this requirement the Client used spreadsheets to manipulate the data manually, this induced 4 man-days of tedious effort and delay for every report with no accuracy.
The spreadsheet manipulation process was not acceptable to the users as it lacked the capability to consider multiple constraints and conditions with no proper process documentation. Analyzing their data and architecting a solution that can cater to the client without having to change the way of maintaining the data in the spreadsheet and to consider very limited inputs and import data from the spreadsheet. There were four key entities:
- Budget: This had all the information about a movie which was advertised for the week.
- Chron: This is to show detailed networks used each day.
- Pods: Maintain points by the network for each day.
- Tracking: To track the points for each day
The Star Knowledge Technical Team developed an application management system named ‘Chronos’ with ASP.Net, MS IIS Webserver, MS SQL servers as underlying components, and aspose.cells for reading excel data. This application took all its input from the spreadsheet and the data was processed based on the business intelligence embedded in it. Testing included the development environment and testing in a staging environment to ensure production capabilities and user acceptance. The Application management system development efforts included:
- Budget: Source data files containing information were analyzed to populate them to the application as desired for the number of weeks the data is uploaded.
- Chron: Source data files containing information were analyzed to populate them to the application as desired for each day.
- Pods: Source data files containing information were analyzed to populate them to the application as desired points for each day.
- Tracking: Source data files containing information were analyzed to populate them to the application as desired points for each day from all sources
Have a custom business application to be developed? Get in touch with our software consultants today.
Star Knowledge is a bespoke software development company with over 10 years of experience in mobile, web and cloud solutions. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Star Knowledge has delivered custom industry-specific software solutions to clients across a wide range of industries like Engineering & Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Public Sector, Real Estate, and Finance. Partner with Star Knowledge today for highly customized business-specific customer-facing software solutions.